- Calculated Risk: This blog focuses on housing and the economics around it. I started reading it in 2006 when I was trying to sell my house and had a feeling that the bust was near. I love their graphs too. For bonus read, check out Cafe Hayek - a blog on free market economics from two professors at George Mason University.
- Bill Gross' Monthly Newsletter: Bill Gross runs one of the largest Bond investment houses (PIMCO) and is extremely intelligent and wise - a rare combination. One interesting fact about him is that he does one hour of Yoga every morning.
- Warren Buffett's Annual Letter: This is the cheapest MBA you can get. Its free! And the (very quirky) humor makes these long letters an easy read. As you can see, we are getting very far from the blog land now - annual letters.
- Seth Godin's Blog: Back to blogs, Seth - a marketing guru -writes a very frequent, well-thought out blog that is an absolute must-read.
- Fake Steve's Blog: Funniest. He also invented the iPhone.
- xkcd Comic Blog: Anyone who can write sex jokes about Fibonacci Series is God. xkcd calls itself a a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.
- Brazen Careerist: She blogs about her marriage, divorce, sex-life, career transitions, life concerns and struggles more openly than any other writer. I was initially turned off by her dissection of her marital counseling sessions which I thought was doing a disservice to the marriage she was trying to save. Like a highway accident that you can't turn away from, I kept going back and found her blog to actually be quite interesting. Even inspiring some times. Goes to show you can learn from every one and that first impressions are just that - first impressions.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
My Favorite Blogs and Non-Blogs About Business, Marketing and Sex
Even as my blog revolves around technology - my favorite blogs don't - no offense to my favorite Enterprise Irregulars friends. Here are some of my favorite writers: